Support for SIS 965L chipset

Graham North northg at shaw.ca
Sun Sep 18 13:10:30 PDT 2005

This is a repeat of a posting to freebsd-questions a couple of weeks ago.

 >Can anyone tell me whether FreeBSD stable currently supports these two
chips.

> North Bridge: SIS 760GX
> South Bridge: SIS 965L
>
> Asus seems to like them for its AMD barebones units.

Although this is a chipset designed for the AMD processors (which are
leaning 64), I am interested in i386 support as that would be my
preferred run environment for the time being.   The 965L appears to be
the most problematic as it supports SATA and NIC and loading a system
without these two devices....

SIS has posted a linux driver on their website but I do not know how to
successfully compile it into my system.  If support is not available in
5.4,  does anyone know its likelihood of being in 5.5?   Alternatively,
can someone suggest how one goes about formally requesting that support
be added?

Graham/

--
Kindness can be infectious - try it.