Support for SIS 965L chipset

Jeff D. Hamann jeff.hamann at forestinformatics.com
Sun Sep 18 13:18:33 PDT 2005

Ditto!

This looks like a great combo for a barebones system. How do we (we being
those that aren't skilled enough to add it ourselves) make a formal
request to get this into the code stream? Could we pay someone for this?
What would it cost? I'd be willing to pitch in a couple of hundred USD for
the ability to access these features in the amd64 releases.

Jeff.

Graham North said:
> This is a repeat of a posting to freebsd-questions a couple of weeks ago.
>
>  >Can anyone tell me whether FreeBSD stable currently supports these two
> chips.
>
>> North Bridge: SIS 760GX
>> South Bridge: SIS 965L
>>
>> Asus seems to like them for its AMD barebones units.
>
> Although this is a chipset designed for the AMD processors (which are
> leaning 64), I am interested in i386 support as that would be my
> preferred run environment for the time being.   The 965L appears to be
> the most problematic as it supports SATA and NIC and loading a system
> without these two devices....
>
> SIS has posted a linux driver on their website but I do not know how to
> successfully compile it into my system.  If support is not available in
> 5.4,  does anyone know its likelihood of being in 5.5?   Alternatively,
> can someone suggest how one goes about formally requesting that support
> be added?
>
> Graham/
>
> --
> Kindness can be infectious - try it.