new FreeBSD-webpage

Dave Fazio dave.fazio at annulet.com
Fri Oct 7 04:38:00 PDT 2005

Totally agree and understand your point -- a graphical install option
would mainly appeal to desktop users.  But let's be honest; considering
the competition install base of  Red Hat, Mac OS X, SUN, and (ech!)
Windows, the day of GUI deskop'd servers is here now; Purests hate it
sure, but it's a fact, and shouldn't be discounted altogether as an
option for modern day server configurations.

There's no point to digress more on this subject now, but FreeBSD is in
my opinion the best of *all* general purpose OSs -- But to properly
manage a FreeBSD (ports/packages,source builds, etc), the devil is
definitely in the details.  Apple has smoothed our these details in
short order -- why can't we?

Regards,

-Dave