Upgrading Question

Joseph Koshy joseph.koshy at gmail.com
Sat Nov 26 13:47:45 GMT 2005

> Trying to mount root from ufs:/dev/ad0s2a

> I tried and tried and kept on trying with no luck, I
> disable some modules during kernel bootup and unset some
> variables but no luck!

> Anyhow, one of the guys on IRC told me to build a GENERIC
> kernel to at least boot so I built it but it panicked!

There isn't any information in your bug report that we
could use to help you out:

 - what kind of hardware does your machine have (the
   output of dmesg would be a good start)?
 - how did you checkout your source tree (which CVS tag
   did you use?
 - what is the panic message from the GENERIC kernel?
 - do you have any third-party kernel modules that you
   load in the kernel?

--
FreeBSD Volunteer,     http://people.freebsd.org/~jkoshy