DHCP client error: domain_not_set.invalid

Mark Andrews Mark_Andrews at isc.org
Tue Nov 22 04:33:32 PST 2005

> Sorry for the late reply. I just read this thread and this issue affects
> me as well. Hopefully I'm not commenting on something that has been
> fixed but I can't test STABLE at the moment to verify that...
>
> I understand the idea that bad values should be rejected, but in
> reality, I have the same DSL modem that these others have and there is
> no way to change the domain search list that it sends. No way that I
> could find at least. This is SBC-Yahoo in California, so there are a lot
> of people out there with this modem.

	Well ring your ISP and complain.  Too many people just
	accept crappy service.

> I had to modify the source code to accept the lease anyway. Now my
> network stops working every time I rebuild and forget to re-patch the
> source. I shouldn't have to patch the source code to be able to accept a
> lease. A single bad lease option shouldn't prevent a lease from being
> accepted without choice.

	Use cvs rather than cvsup.  That way your changes are
	preserved.  You can either use the cvs servers directly or
	if you have enough disk space you can use cvsup to copy the
	repository and run cvs against the local copy of the
	repository.

--
Mark Andrews, ISC
PHONE: +61 2 9871 4742                 INTERNET: Mark_Andrews at isc.org