mplayer + bktr

Miguel Mendez mmendez at gmail.com
Sun Nov 13 06:30:30 PST 2005

Hi there,

> The first is that when you force it to capture audio (so mute and volume
> control work, or you can use mencoder) it does about 0.25 fps :( It doesn't
> appear to be using heaps of CPU or anything so I am not sure what the problem
> is.

I haven't tried this yet but can give it a go.

> The other is that it hitches when playing TV - it doesn't do this when viewing
> movies.

After trying to figure out why tv support wasn't there I've added the
" --enable-tv-bsdbt848" to the configure args and it's warking
flawlessly on my AMD64 box. This is 0.99.7_6. The output is crystal
clear here.

> Has anyone else used mplayer for this? Do you see these problems? Anyone
> have any suggestions or solutions?

Have you tried with xawtv and fxtv? Does the problem only show with
mplayer? What other build options did you enable when building the
software?

>tv=driver=bsdbt848:input=1:norm=PAL:chanlist=australia:channels=2-ABC,7-SAS7,9-NINE,10-TEN,28-SBS

I have a similar config except set for Europe.

> It would be nice to iron out this stuff because applying the mplayer post
> processing filters to TV makes it look much nicer :)

Yes, it rocks. I've been using xawtv for a month and mplayer is so
much better. :)

Cheers,
--
        Miguel Mendez <mmendez at gmail.com>