mplayer + bktr

Daniel O'Connor doconnor at gsoft.com.au
Sun Nov 13 09:48:23 PST 2005

On Mon, 14 Nov 2005 01:00, Miguel Mendez wrote:
> > The first is that when you force it to capture audio (so mute and volume
> > control work, or you can use mencoder) it does about 0.25 fps :( It
> > doesn't appear to be using heaps of CPU or anything so I am not sure what
> > the problem is.
>
> I haven't tried this yet but can give it a go.

If you add immediatemode=0 to the tv args it will do it.

> > The other is that it hitches when playing TV - it doesn't do this when
> > viewing movies.
>
> After trying to figure out why tv support wasn't there I've added the
> " --enable-tv-bsdbt848" to the configure args and it's warking
> flawlessly on my AMD64 box. This is 0.99.7_6. The output is crystal
> clear here.

Hmm, I didn't think I needed to do that, but I am not 100% sure.

> > Has anyone else used mplayer for this? Do you see these problems? Anyone
> > have any suggestions or solutions?
>
> Have you tried with xawtv and fxtv? Does the problem only show with
> mplayer? What other build options did you enable when building the
> software?

I don't use either of those, but a small program I wrote which captures YUV
frames and uses the Xv extension doesn't show the problem.

are so many of them to choose from."
  -- Andrew Tanenbaum