gnome-upgrade.sh

Michael C. Shultz ringworm01 at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 09:17:02 PST 2005

On Friday 11 November 2005 09:04, Lowell Gilbert wrote:
> "Michael C. Shultz" <ringworm01 at gmail.com> writes:
> > >
> > > It's not necessary to consider that an issue: this functionality is
> > > really only useful to someone who has had portupgrade installed
> > > anyway.
> >
> >  I just thought of that, thanks for confirming :)
>
> Yeah, my secret of success in programming is to not fool myself into
> making things more complicated than I need to do.
>
> You could even leave the script out of the port completely, and just
> include a URL to it in the pkg-message...

Simple, quick and painless :)

If users want to simply convert that is the way to go.  I also had in mind a
knob like this:

WITH_PORTUPGRADE_CONF

if selected then portupgrade's settings are just added to portmanager's
each time portmanager is run so if folks want to experiment with each
program settings don't get lost.

-Mike