Adaptec AIC-8130 (Marvell 88SX6041) 4-port Hercules-2 SATA Controller

Guy Helmer ghelmer at palisadesys.com
Fri Nov 11 07:24:54 PST 2005

I'm looking at trying out the Supermicro H8DAR-T Opteron motherboard
(http://www.supermicro.com/Aplus/motherboard/Opteron/8132/H8DAR-T.cfm)
but its on-board SATA controller is an Adaptec AIC-8130 (Marvell
88SX6041) Hercules-2 rev B2.  Given that it is a Marvell chip, I'm
concerned it might not work with any available drivers, and I haven't
found any references in the FreeBSD 6.0 source code to either of the
model numbers (8130 or 88SX6041).

Does anyone know for sure whether it is or isn't supported?

Thanks,
Guy Helmer

--
Guy Helmer, Ph.D.