filesystems not properly unmounted [OT]

Roman Neuhauser neuhauser at sigpipe.cz
Wed Jun 8 20:00:33 GMT 2005

# maxicombina at gmail.com / 2005-06-06 10:25:51 -0300:
> several linux distros have achieved a difficult goal: ease of
> installation-use combined with a stable system. (...) I think that
> there are a lot of linux distros out there that are really easy to
> use, and even more "friendly" or "beatiful" than windows.  I dont
> think that FreeBSD has achieved this. (...)
> But I see it is not desktop oriented (I repeat, this seems ok for me.
> FreeBSD is better for a server station, not for a desktop).

    I use FreeBSD 4.x on my desktop machines, also with excellent
    results. I'm glad FreeBSD is different, that's why I use this
    OS and not Windows or another OS that runs breakneck to achieve
    its levels of idiot-friendliness.

    I see two fallacies in your post:

    * being further in the race to copycat Windows is an
      achievement. Gee, why aren't all these people using Linux then?
    * FreeBSD is a worse desktop operating system than Linux. How come
      I haven't noticed during the last few years?

You don't know, man.  You don't KNOW.