Another ata and dma problem - maybe because INTEL

Jan Sebosik sebosik at demax.sk
Thu Jul 7 23:48:08 GMT 2005

Hi,

i`m using freebsd releng_5 and got weird problem with AtA_DMA... I
bought mobo with i865PE chipset and when I allow DMA transfer in BIOS
for my TEAC cd-540E drive, freebsd fails to boot with: ATA_INTERRUPT was
seen but timeout fired out with LBA=0.. I also tried applying a ATA
mkIII with no luck(it tells me that ata_if.h is missing). When I remove
teac from my system, it boots correctly. I tried also in loader.conf
typing hw.ata.atapi_dma=0, but still the same...fails to boot. I`ve
before this mobo with VIA kt333 chipset, and it allows me to set PIO4
for drive (with no problemo at freebsd boot)

Any ideas or patches?

Best regards,
Jan Sebosik