Vinum causes server to crash/reboot ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Sun Jan 30 10:28:52 PST 2005

Just got burnt on one of my machines, where I was looking to reconfigure
my RAID drive ... right now, its down :(

I cleared everything off the drive, unmount'd it and then did a 'vinum
resetconfig' ... that all worked great, but as soon as I did a 'vinum
create <file>' to recreate it, the server crashed/rebooted ...

I forgot about that 'experience' from before, so failed to remember to
comment out the line in /etc/fstab for that file system, so right now the
server is sitting remotely at the 'choose shell for single user mode'
prompt, but am wondering if this is actually expected behaviour, or a bug
with vinum?

I'm running 4.x from Oct 8th on that server, if its maybe a 'since been
fixed' bug ... ?

  ----