UPDATE2: ATA mkIII first official patches - please test!

Marcus Grando marcus at corp.grupos.com.br
Thu Feb 17 06:26:40 PST 2005

Hi

Søren Schmidt wrote:
> Hmm, does it work without apic ? without ACPI ?
> And your cabling is correct and spec conformant ?
> The 686A' I have in the lab works just dandy...

I test all combinations (with/without apic | with/without ACPI), and
problems persist.

It will be that the problem is not with the compatibility of the
controller with my HD?

I changed 3 times the cable. I don't think that cable is problem.

-- # atacontrol cap 0 0 --
ATA channel 0, Master, device ad0:

Protocol              ATA/ATAPI revision 5
device model          QUANTUM FIREBALLlct20 10
serial number         551110736472
firmware revision     APL.0900
cylinders             16383
heads                 16
sectors/track         63
lba supported         20044080 sectors
lba48 not supported
dma supported
overlap not supported

Feature                      Support  Enable    Value   Vendor
write cache                    yes      yes
read ahead                     yes      yes
Tagged Command Queuing (TCQ)   no       no      0/0x00
SMART                          yes      yes
microcode download             yes      yes
security                       yes      no
power management               yes      yes
advanced power management      no       no      0/0x00
automatic acoustic management  yes      no      0/0x00  0/0x00
--

-- controller --
atapci0: <VIA 82C686A UDMA66 controller> port

Marcus Grando
Grupos Internet S/A
marcus(at)corp.grupos.com.br