[5-STABLE] : CDRW burning problem - acd0: FAILURE - READ_BIG ILLEGAL REQUEST

Marwan Burelle Marwan.Burelle at lri.fr
Thu Feb 10 08:41:24 PST 2005

On Thu, Feb 10, 2005 at 11:29:55AM -0500, Scott Robbins wrote:
> I get the same error on two machines, did some googling and found no
> answers that helped.  (I fear I don't remember the details now.)  As I
> don't have the error on another machine (all running 5.3 STABLE) I
> figured it was something to do with the CD drive, a Plexor.
>

> However, in my case at least, the burn is successful.  It does it's
> thing, gives me that error message, I wait a few moments, eject the CD
> and it is a good one.

Chance you have. The burn failed a few seconds after I hit the return
key ...

What is strange is that I have the same behaviour with the same drive,
but a different CDRW (a 1x-4x) but at that time with a 8x-12x it was
working. I lead to thing to some strange behaviour of CDRW, but ...

I have think also of mechanical problem, but I have the same error on
another machine (with 5.2.1, but I've just done one try ... )

--
Burelle Marwan,
Equipe Bases de Donnees - LRI