ULE status

Rob spamrefuse at yahoo.com
Thu Feb 10 04:13:48 PST 2005

Simon Barner wrote:
> Frode Nordahl wrote:
>
>>I was surprised by the actual difference in system
>> performance and
>>usability between 4BSD and ULE under such loads!
>>
>>If you haven't tried it on your heavy trafic server
>>yet, go and do it
>>right now! :-)
>

> Just a short "me too". In my case it isn't a heavy
> traffic server but a
> (slow) UP desktop system which "feels" substantially
> smoother with ULE.

Also, as far as I understand, some extra boost comes
from using polling the devices; however, not all
devices do support this yet.

I use SMP (dual intel CPUs) with if_xl lan card,
but I can't use polling with this device.

ULE + polling would be a great performance gain,
I believe.

Any plans of extending polling support to more
devices?

Rob.