AW: AW: Slow Network with rl0 and 5.3

Karl M. Joch k.joch at ctseuro.com
Tue Feb 8 23:39:46 PST 2005

we will test the patch today. thanks for your work.

btw, we had an very interesting error with rl cards which we first thought
this was related to the bug but then have to learn that there are far more
possibilities. on an MSI motherboard we had 3 rl cards installed. it was
possible to dump about 110 GB over the wire without any error. but after
that when users (samba, http proxy ...) worked) the machine slowed down
heavily, writing packet oversized errors on the console.we changed the cards
against 3Com nics and 2 of them simply was dead. investigation further
showed, that the pci slots on this motherboard are shared and also with acpi
and different interrupts the rl´s brought the error and the 3Coms was dead.
after changing the motherboard to another brand everything (with both cards)
worked fine.

karl