AW: Slow Network with rl0 and 5.3

Max Laier max at love2party.net
Tue Feb 8 15:16:40 PST 2005

On Thursday 03 February 2005 18:46, I wrote:
> > > EVERYBODY: Could you please check if you have a rl(4) driven NIC and
> > > check if you experienced a speed degradation as well.  Please let me
> > > know either way with information about the chipset on your NIC.
> > > Thanks!
>
> PR kern/61448 might apply to you.  Can you try the diff offered there and
> follow-up with your findings?

Finally found some time to look at the issue.  The patch there was good, but
needed some tweaking.  Everybody (having problems) with rl should check this
patch - please.  I plan to commit it soon, so please scream if it breaks
things for you.

Karl, can you verify that this patch solves the issue as well (i.e. can you
backout the one I send you earlier?) - Thanks!

or: http://people.freebsd.org/~mlaier/if_rl.c.PR.patch directly.

/"\  Best regards,                      | mlaier at freebsd.org