5.3 -> 5 : sshd multiple log entries & login_getclass: unknown class 'root'

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Sun Feb 6 12:29:24 PST 2005

On Sun, 6 Feb 2005, Andrew Konstantinov wrote:

> *Possible* exact reproduction steps:
> - install RELENG_5
> - rebuild RELENG_5 with "NO_NIS=true" in /etc/make.conf
> - restart sshd service

Sorry, no dice.  I had to set "PermitRootLogin yes" in
/etc/ssh/sshd_config but logging in as root with password succeeds with no
login class warning. Upgraded from a RELENG_5 from yesterday to one about
90 minutes old.

What is the contents of /etc/nsswitch.conf? bz is telling me that if you
still have 'nis' in the lines in nsswitch and you compile with NO_NIS that
you'll get wierd user lookup errors.

Also what are the contents of /etc/make.conf?