advice please

dick hoogendijk dick at nagual.st
Tue Dec 20 14:20:55 PST 2005

On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 22:46:30 +0100
Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org> wrote:

> On Tuesday 20 December 2005 22:01, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:49:21 +0100
> >
> > Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org> wrote:
> > >
> > > Did this start after upgrading firefox to 1.5?
> > > Related:
> > > does:
> > > find /usr/X11R6/include/firefox /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla -type
> > > f \ -print |xargs grep nsPluginThread
> > >
> > > yield any results?
> >
> > I can't remember if the firefox upgrade was related. I _do_ upgrade
> > both browsers if portupgrade says there is a newer version. I do
> > have the latest firefox installed also.
> >
> > The results for the above find command:
> >
> > /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:typedef struct
> > _nsPluginThread
> > nsPluginThread; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:
> > GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID) =
> > 0; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsJVMManager.h:
> > GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID);
>
> Hmm, so Mozilla still provides compatibility for oji java plugins,
> where firefox doesn't.
> I just took a quick look at mplayerplugin source and can't find any
> references to PRThread. The plugin uses the provided top-level
> interfaces. Did you recompile the plugin?

I recompiled mozilla, firefox and the plugin I recompiled a couple of
times. To no use. Mozilla just crashes, firefox shows the
"plugin-window" and does nothing. I never used the option "without-gui"
btw.

> I just installed it and it doesn't really work for me (opens a new
> window iso playing in the designated space, probably because I didn't
> compile mplayer using WITHOUT_GUI), but doesn't crash anything either.
> I tried the apple movie trailers.

Yeah, only difference it that when I try to open an movie trailer,
mozilla coredumps and firefox stops with a blank plugin-window. Hope
that somebody knows how to solve this. I liked mplayerplug-in very
much. It seems the only way to have some multimedia with
mozilla/firefox. Plus, it *used* to work ;-(

--
dick -- http://nagual.st/ -- PGP/GnuPG key: F86289CE
++ Running FreeBSD 6.0 ++ The Power to Serve