advice please

Melvyn Sopacua freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org
Tue Dec 20 13:46:33 PST 2005

On Tuesday 20 December 2005 22:01, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> On Tue, 20 Dec 2005 21:49:21 +0100
>
> Melvyn Sopacua <freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org> wrote:
> > On Tuesday 20 December 2005 21:36, dick hoogendijk wrote:
> > > I used to be able to play (windows) mplayer2 files and *.mov files
> > > with my native mozilla browser and mplayerplug-in installed. Lately
> > > that does not work anymore. Mozilla just crashes, firefox starts up
> > > the mplayerplug-in and than stops (hangs).
> >
> > Did this start after upgrading firefox to 1.5?
> > Related:
> > does:
> > find /usr/X11R6/include/firefox /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla -type f \
> > -print |xargs grep nsPluginThread
> >
> > yield any results?
>
> I can't remember if the firefox upgrade was related. I _do_ upgrade
> both browsers if portupgrade says there is a newer version. I do have
> the latest firefox installed also.
>
> The results for the above find command:
>
> /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:typedef struct
> _nsPluginThread
> nsPluginThread; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsIThreadManager.h:
> GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID) =
> 0; /usr/X11R6/include/mozilla/oji/nsJVMManager.h:
> GetCurrentThread(nsPluginThread* *threadID);

Hmm, so Mozilla still provides compatibility for oji java plugins, where
firefox doesn't.
I just took a quick look at mplayerplugin source and can't find any references
to PRThread. The plugin uses the provided top-level interfaces. Did you
recompile the plugin?

I just installed it and it doesn't really work for me (opens a new window iso
playing in the designated space, probably because I didn't compile mplayer
using WITHOUT_GUI), but doesn't crash anything either.
I tried the apple movie trailers.
--
Melvyn Sopacua
freebsd.stable at melvyn.homeunix.org