Diskless /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot execute objects on /

Johny Mattsson lonewolf-freebsd at earthmagic.org
Fri Dec 16 14:44:56 PST 2005

On 12/17/05 06:25, Mike Andrews wrote:
> On Fri, 16 Dec 2005, Paulo Fragoso wrote:
>> After upgrade from FreeBSD 5.3 to FREEBSD_5_4 (cvs), our diskless
>> machines didn't work correctly, many applications using dynamic
>> libraries didn't start, this error was showed:
>>
>> /libexec/ld-elf.so.1: Cannot execute objects on /
>
> We had the same problem with our netboot cluster, and going from
> RELENG_5_4 (5.4-RELEASE) up to RELENG_5 (5-STABLE) fixed it.

Confirmed. This problem was fixed shortly after 5.4-RELEASE. I'm running
a 5.4 from Aug 22, and it has the fix in it. If you need the precise
patch, you should be able to search the archives from August and find it.

Cheers,
/Johny
--
Johny Mattsson - Making IT work  ,-.   ,-.   ,-.  When all else fails,
http://www.earthmagic.org     _.'  `-'   `-'   Murphy's Law still works!