NFS UDP mounts on RELENG_6?

Oliver Brandmueller ob at e-Gitt.NET
Fri Dec 16 06:39:40 PST 2005

Hi,

I'm experiencing problems when trying to mount NFS filesystems from a
RELENG_6 server (FreeBSD hudson 6.0-STABLE FreeBSD 6.0-STABLE
   #0: Wed Dec 14 16:59:55 CET 2005
   root at hudson:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/NFS-32-FBSD6  i386)
to either 5.4-STABLE or 6-STABLE clients. mounting works fine, but
afterwards the access to the filesystem on the client stalls. As soon as
I mount the FS with a TCP mount everything works as expected.

The mounts worked fine on UDP when the server was 5.4-STABLE. There is
just a plain GigE switch involved, no firewalls or routing.

Anyone else experiencing those problems or having an idea?

- Oliver

--
| Oliver Brandmueller | Offenbacher Str. 1  | Germany       D-14197 Berlin |
| Fon +49-172-3130856 | Fax +49-172-3145027 | WWW:   http://the.addict.de/ |