Firewire + 5-STABLE + devd?

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue Aug 23 15:18:16 GMT 2005

On Tue, Aug 23, 2005 at 07:58:56AM -0400, Christopher Sean Hilton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm trying to get my hotplug utility, which works well with usb
> devices, to work with firewire devices under 5-STABLE. But when I devd
> doesn't seem to do anything with firewire devices and when I cat
> /dev/devctl I get get nothing on firewire. Is there a sysctl I can
> tune or do I need to upgrade to the 6-{RELEASE,CURRENT} branch?

Also, will devd generate events for the attachment of a da[0-9]
device? Right now it seems as though it doesn't and that is
problematic. The issue is this. If I attach my usb pendrive to my
computer it gets devices umass0 and da0. But if I attach a firewire
device first then my usb pendrive is umass0, da1. So, if events aren't
generated to say that da1 has become available then I have to figure
out what umass0 is connected to.

Thanks in advance
     Chris

--
Chris Hilton                                   chris-at-vindaloo-dot-com
                "All I was doing was trying to get home from work!"