Firewire + 5-STABLE + devd?

Christopher Sean Hilton chris at vindaloo.com
Tue Aug 23 11:58:31 GMT 2005

Hi,

I'm trying to get my hotplug utility, which works well with usb
devices, to work with firewire devices under 5-STABLE. But when I devd
doesn't seem to do anything with firewire devices and when I cat
/dev/devctl I get get nothing on firewire. Is there a sysctl I can
tune or do I need to upgrade to the 6-{RELEASE,CURRENT} branch?

$ uname -a
FreeBSD endaba.vindaloo.com 5.4-STABLE FreeBSD 5.4-STABLE #0: \
        Thu Jun  9 16:25:22 EDT 2005     \
        chris at endaba:/usr/obj/usr/src/sys/ENDABA  i386

Thanks in advance
  Chris

--
Chris Hilton                                   chris-at-vindaloo-dot-com
                "All I was doing was trying to get home from work!"