isp driver crashes on amd64

David Gilbert dgilbert at dclg.ca
Fri Nov 26 16:54:10 PST 2004

I havn't got a dump yet because I have to reduce the memory in the
machine (or patch the dump mechanism to dump more than 4G), but I have
a fairly consistent crash with ISP in 5.3-RELEASE-amd64.

It happens when drives are probed.  If drives are present at boot, the
crash fingers geom_scan.  Connecting the drives to a running machine
and running 'camcontrol rescan' fingers another function.

But the crash doesn't occur unless drives are scanned.

The controller is a 2340 from Qlogic, although it probes as a 2312.  I
also havn't gotten around to probing this machine with an ia-32 load
of the OS.

I'll be back at this Monday.  It would help if I found a) a patch for
dumping 8gig, or b) a suspect 64 bit problem in the isp driver.

Dave.