Portupgrade script.

Brandon S. Allbery KF8NH allbery at ece.cmu.edu
Tue Nov 9 05:12:01 PST 2004

On Tue, 2004-11-09 at 05:39, Yann Golanski wrote:
> ### Variouse ports that need stuff... Where should I put those?
> # X11
> X_WINDOW_SYSTEM=xorg
> # mutt
> WITH_MUTT_MBOX_HOOK_PATCH=yes
> MAIL_GID=mail
> # rxvt
> WITH_MOUSEWHEEL=yes
> WITH_RXVT_SCROLLBAR=yes
> WITH_MENUBAR=yes
> # imp3
> WITH_APACHE2=yes
> WITHOUT_LDAP=yes
> # Aspell
> ASPELL_EN=yes

You don't export these, so they're not actually seen by portupgrade.

It's far more convenient to place these in either /etc/make.conf or
/usr/local/etc/pkgtools.conf.  If you search the ports list archives for
make.conf and pkgtools.conf you'll find discussions on how to use both.

I think a number of us have such scripts, but don't publish them.  I
fire mine off manually to (a) cvsup and (b) fetch packages, then check
UPDATING and only fire off the automated world and/or ports rebuilds if
there's no surprises lurking; otherwise I handle them manually.

--
brandon s. allbery    [linux,solaris,freebsd,perl]     allbery at kf8nh.com
system administrator      [WAY too many hats]        allbery at ece.cmu.edu
electrical and computer engineering, carnegie mellon univ.         KF8NH