Upgrading KDE from 3.1.4 to 3.2.2

Michael Nottebrock michaelnottebrock at gmx.net
Fri May 28 06:37:57 PDT 2004

On Friday 28 May 2004 15:04, Gerry Freymann wrote:

>  I found that the "ports" version of KDE was behind, but the "package" was
> up to date. So I went with deleting KDE and re-adding as a package.

The packages are built from ports, so there is no way a port can be "behind" a
package. You just need to update your ports-collection with cvsup.

>  After asking a few questions, I was also advised to use a specific
> server, so I did the following:
>
> setenv PACKAGESITE
> ftp://rabarber.fruitsalad.org/packages/3.2.1-ports-test11/4-STABLE/Latest

Those packages on the other hand are seriously outdated. Please do NOT use
them. The latest available packages built by us are listed on
http://rabarber.fruitsalad.org.

   ,_,   | Michael Nottebrock               | lofi at freebsd.org