[kern/60555] vinum volume as a swap device not possible on FreeBSD 5.2.1

Greg 'groggy' Lehey grog at FreeBSD.org
Tue May 18 22:49:36 PDT 2004

Overlong line.

On Wednesday, 19 May 2004 at  9:39:34 +0400, Alex Povolotsky wrote:
> On Sat, 15 May 2004 03:36:11 +0200
> "Conrad Burger" <conrad.burger at swistgroup.com> wrote:
>
> CB> I am trying to mirror a servers swap partition using vinum, but it
> CB> doesn't seem to
> CB> be possible in FreeBSD 5.2.1.
>
> I'm sorry, but what's the point of mirroing swap? You're trying to
> lower performance of VM system?

He's almost certainly trying to survive the failure of a swap
partition.

Greg
--
When replying to this message, please take care not to mutilate the
original text.