Dell PE750 w/SATA

John Kennedy jk at jk.homeunix.net
Thu Jun 24 12:06:29 GMT 2004

On Thu, Jun 24, 2004 at 02:59:41PM +0900, ueda at netforest.ad.jp wrote:
>   I have tried same machine with 5.2-CURRENT-20040623-JPSNAP.iso ...
> Installer can recognize SATA RAID1 drive as aacd0 :-). ...  but
> installer stopped after following message:
>
> 	Making a new root filesystem on /dev/aacd0s1a ...
> 	Entropy device is blocking. Dance fandango on keyboard to unblock.

  If you go digging through the archives here (possibly under the
freebsd-current mailing list), you'll find a lot of talk about the
chicken-n-egg situation with startup entropy.  I'm not running -CURRENT so
I don't have personal experience, but I remember people being in your
situation and finding ways around it.

  Note the message through -- it looks like it is blocking on lack of
entropy, and one of the sources for that is keyboard interrupts.  If you
typed on the keyboard for a while you would probably generate enough
entropy to get the install going again.