nullfs in 4.10

Bjoern Koenig bkoenig at cs.tu-berlin.de
Tue Jun 22 23:48:44 GMT 2004

Helge Oldach wrote:

> Err, no, the overhead is *much* higher than plain nullfs
> or unionfs. Local NFS is essentially fiddling file system
> access through the networking subsystem.

Ok, I think my exclamation was too officious. I didn't want to say that
loopback NFS is the solution for all problems concerning nullfs. But it's a
very elegant solution for my purposes concerning jails and especially with
/usr/ports and some small other things; overhead isn't a serious problem in
my case. - Sorry for inconvenience.

Bjoern