snmpwalk from jail -> snmp server ...

Marc G. Fournier scrappy at hub.org
Tue Jun 15 19:53:42 GMT 2004

Have a jail setup that I want to be able to do a snmpwalk from to another
server ... but, for some reason, I get a 'sendto' error:

zabbix# snmpwalk -v 1 -c public jupiter.hub.org system
SNMPv2-MIB::sysDescr.0 = STRING: FreeBSD jupiter.hub.org 4.10-STABLE FreeBSD
4.10-STABLE #8: Fri Jun i386
snmpwalk: Failure in sendto (Invalid argument)
zabbix#

jupiter is a different machine then zabbix, and I have an rocommunity set in
the snmpd.conf file ... the rest is pretty much defaults ...

If I run the same command on neptune (zabbix's base server), I get the full MIB
as expected ... its only from the jail that it doesn't appear to work ...

thoughts?
----