Problems with 4.10 and mysql

Jaco van Tonder jaco at premsoft.co.za
Tue Jun 1 03:29:41 PDT 2004

Pete French typed on a keyboard not too far away, on 5/24/2004 1:56 PM:

>Unfortunately this is going to be a very indistinct bug
>report, but ever since upgrading to 4.10 from 4.9 I am
>having several problems with mysql. These manifest as
>programs occasionally failing to connect to the database.
>Unfortunately I have been unable to track this down as yet
>due to the fact it only happens once in every few hundred
>attempts, so trying to actually characterise it is proving
>almost impossible!
>
>Has anyone else seen this ? I am using the system on a test
>server and am loathe to upgrade the production machines just in case
>it *isnt* simply some quirk of this machine.
>
>-pcf.

Hmm,

Anyone came up with more info on this issue yet? It is clear that a lot
of people are experiencing the problems described in this thread.
(Including me ;))

---jaco

--
Jaco van Tonder
Magic Developer :: Premsoft Development (Pty) Ltd