RELENG_4: Problems with mpt driver

Matti Saarinen mjs at cc.tut.fi
Tue Feb 3 22:13:39 PST 2004

Doug White <dwhite at gumbysoft.com> writes:

>> I have IBM x345 which has integrated LSI 1030 raid controller.
>> [...]
>> mpt0:   EvtLogData: Event Data:mpt0:   05020012mpt0:
>> mpt0:   EvtLogData: IOCLogInfo: 0x110a0000
>> mpt0:   EvtLogData: Event Data:mpt0:   05020012mpt0:
>> mpt0:   EvtLogData: IOCLogInfo: 0x110a0000
>
> but it does appear that you have the mpt driver's debugging enabled.
> Have you been booting with -v, or have the mpt_debug kernel
> environment variable set in loader.conf, or setting something in
> sysctl.conf?

     No, I haven't. I just rebooted the box. I haven't touched any
     sysctl variables.

     The problem has been solved and it was hardware related. There
     was one disk on mpt0 with SCSI ID 3 that was broken. I was
     possible to write to the disk and also read from it. The problems
     started when resetting the SCSI bus (which happens when the
     system boots or goes down, right?). The disk is now replaced and
     the problem has disappeared.

     Cheers,

--
- Matti -