Making a data DVD with 4.10 and dvd+rw-format

Donald Goodwin donaldg368 at verizon.net
Thu Dec 2 04:56:57 PST 2004

 I had the same exact problem a few weeks ago.  Did you make sure the pass
through devices are configured?

Check to see what pass device is needed by issuing the folowing command (as
root of course):

camcontrol devlist

For example, mine was on pass4.  I had to run:

/dev/ sh MAKEDEV pass5 (I had pass1, pass2, and pass3 already.  Note the
indexing.  sh MAKEDEV passN will create the device passN-1. Learned that the
hard way).

Also, do a search on the web.  There are several people who have had had
similar experiences and share their success stories.

Lastly, did you modify your kernel to accomodate ATAPICAM (and the other
required changes)?

My Sony (710A) is working great now.

Best of luck,

Donald