5.2.1 performance issue

Doug White dwhite at gumbysoft.com
Mon Aug 16 10:25:20 PDT 2004

On Fri, 13 Aug 2004 igor at ktts.kharkov.ua wrote:

> The problem is neither duplex nor WITNESS/INVARIANTS. And as I outlined before there is no switch, but a router.
> Connection is 1000/full. I checked everything I could 1000 times. I started believing that 5.2 performance of 5.2 is much
> worse than 5.1.

Its quite possible there was some performance loss. Performance wasn't a
big goal during that time frame -- it was getting the locking
infrastructure right.  In -CURRENT with debug.mpsafenet enabled (and the
coming 5.3) you should see substantial improvements.  If you have ana
extra machine and some time, could you truy building a -current box and
giving it a try?