[full build as of Sept. 24] "No route to host" after certain time...

Jose M. Alcaide jose at we.lc.ehu.es
Wed Sep 24 10:06:45 PDT 2003

El miércoles, 24 sept, 2003, a las 18:31 Europe/Madrid, Jeff Love
escribió:
> Just wanted to note that this problem seems to not be isolated.
> I'm seeing similar problems with RELENG_4_8 cvsup dated 00:24 09/23/03
> eastern US time. Machine loses routing, reboot brings things to normal
> for a few hours.
> I'm not going to implement the ARP security patch on any of my other
> boxen just yet.

I have just updated to 4.8-p8 and found the same problem: the default
route is not being added to the routing table (but netstat does not
complain). A 4.8-RELEASE kernel works, but when I try the 4.8-p8 kernel
again, the default route is missing. Fascinating.

--
***** Jose M. Alcaide  //  jose at we.lc.ehu.es  //  jmas at FreeBSD.org *****
*****         "Go ahead... make my day" --  Harry Callahan         *****