4.9-PRERELEASE wedges on reboot

M. Warner Losh imp at bsdimp.com
Sun Sep 21 16:04:08 PDT 2003

In message: <20030921201436.GA213 at cirb503493.alcatel.com.au>
            Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> writes:
: On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:57:05AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
: >In message: <20030921104500.GA208 at cirb503493.alcatel.com.au>
: >            Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> writes:
: >: I've just updated to a recent -STABLE (~12 hours old) and my Compaq
: >: 1592 laptop now wedges on a reboot - though it will boot normally
: >: on power-on.  I can't provide a traceback because Ctrl-Alt-Esc
: >: doesn't work.
: >
: >What version did you upgrade from?  What happens if you reboot w/o the
: >cards inserted?
:
: It was from about 3rd September - I don't have the exact date but
: I do have a list of what files have changed.  I'll try and convert
: that into a list of file revisions in the next 12 hours.
:
: Rebooting without the cards works.  The problem is a TDK DF5660
: V.90 modem/GSM adapter.  If I remove just that card, it boots.
: If I swap slots, the boot dies at the other pcic.  If I eject the
: card whilst the kernel is 'hung', the reboot continues successfully.

Hmmm.  OK.  That's excellent information.

Warner