4.9-PRERELEASE wedges on reboot

Peter Jeremy PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au
Sun Sep 21 13:14:57 PDT 2003

On Sun, Sep 21, 2003 at 10:57:05AM -0600, M. Warner Losh wrote:
>In message: <20030921104500.GA208 at cirb503493.alcatel.com.au>
>            Peter Jeremy <PeterJeremy at optushome.com.au> writes:
>: I've just updated to a recent -STABLE (~12 hours old) and my Compaq
>: 1592 laptop now wedges on a reboot - though it will boot normally
>: on power-on.  I can't provide a traceback because Ctrl-Alt-Esc
>: doesn't work.
>
>What version did you upgrade from?  What happens if you reboot w/o the
>cards inserted?

It was from about 3rd September - I don't have the exact date but
I do have a list of what files have changed.  I'll try and convert
that into a list of file revisions in the next 12 hours.

Rebooting without the cards works.  The problem is a TDK DF5660
V.90 modem/GSM adapter.  If I remove just that card, it boots.
If I swap slots, the boot dies at the other pcic.  If I eject the
card whilst the kernel is 'hung', the reboot continues successfully.

Peter