4.9 is now available

Dan Strick strick at covad.net
Wed Oct 29 21:59:13 PST 2003

It turns out that 4.9 CD, which produces the message

	1. FD 2.88MB System Type-(0f)

and fails to boot correctly, does this on only one of my systems, a
very new machine with an ATAPI CD drive on a Gigabyte 8KNXP motherboard
and AWARD BIOS.  It is the only bootable CD of perhaps a dozen that
I have tried on this PC that has failed.  For example, the FreeBSD
5.1-RELEASE CD boots correctly on this new machine.

The 4.9 CD boots correctly on one of my older machines that has a SCSI
CD drive connected to an Adaptec 2940AU.

I did not attempted to burn and boot any of the 4.9 pre-release CDs
or any older FreeBSD release on either machine.

Dan Strick
strick at covad.net