openoffice port build on FreeBSD 4.9
seva_fwd at yahoo.com
Mon Oct 6 23:23:20 PDT 2003
Stephen Albright wrote:
> Tried installing jdk13 by itself and got the same
> error. I can attach the output if necessary.
Of course, you have same error.
While make tries to build and install a port it also
builds and installs all packages it depends on.
There are lots of reasons to fail a port build:
1) Port depends on other ports that are outdated
2) Conflicts with already installed ports (normally
make detects and reports such conflicts)
3) Something wrong in your ports tree (and you
definitelly has this issue due to OO-1.0.3 - from the
latest ports tree, however mozilla-1.0.2 is at least
half year old, and jdk-1.3.1p8_2 is also replaced with
1) Install OO from package (i.e. precompiled) - it
is much simpler and in most cases is good enough
2) CVSup your ports tree to latest
Then you could try to build OO without JDK
or consult http://www.freebsd.org/java on
jdk installation procedure
3) As soon as you are a "good enough" investigate
FreeBSD handbook, then buy a book (or books)
about FreeBSD. I think you'll find recomended
reading on www.freebsd.org.
And dont forget that knowlege is nothing without
Hope it will help you, Seva
Do you Yahoo!?
The New Yahoo! Shopping - with improved product search
More information about the freebsd-stable