Secure updating of OS and ports

Carol Overes caroloveres at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 17 06:02:41 PST 2003

Hi,

I'm looking for a way to update in a secure manner my
kernel, binaries and anything from the ports
collection.

I'm thinking of updating kernel and binaries with
patches form ftp.freebsd.org which are siganed with
the PGP key of the security officers. However, this
has to be hand-made patching. Does anyone know a
secure way via for example cvsup ?

Also, I'm looking for a secure way to update ports
applications. How can I check that patches for ports
doesn't contain any trojans for example, or are coming
from the original source.

Any thoughts about his ?

Thanks in advance.

Carol Overes