4.9 and Ctrl+C problem

Rumen Telbizov altares at e-card.bg
Mon Nov 17 00:45:38 PST 2003

Dear List,

I've been upgrading a few servers to 4.9-STABLE recently.
Some of them via cvsup from older versions and some of
them via installing 4.9-RELEASE and then cvsuping to STABLE.

In both cases I cannot send ctrl+c through ssh!
If I am on the console there is no problem but if I am
through a ptty obviously ctrl+c does not send the
signal correctly.
E.g. if I do tail -f /some/file.log I can not terminate it!
Ctrl+Z works fine. Despite when my job is susspended
I cannot kill pid. Instead I have to kill -9 pid.

Is it related with the terminal? My /etc/ttys is default.

Any comments are welcome.

Thank you in advance.

Rumen Telbizov