LG CD-ROM drives; also problem for FreeBSD?

Rob nospam at users.sourceforge.net
Tue Nov 11 21:48:00 PST 2003

Only CD-ROM models are affected by this bug.
LG CD-RW and LG CD-RW/DVD seem not to cause any problems, as the webpage says:

  NOTE: Based on information we have received from LG Electronics' technicians,
  only CD-ROM models are affected by this bug. DVD-ROM/R/RW and CD-RW devices
  are not affected

(from http://www.mandrakelinux.com/en/lgerrata.php3)

Rob.