booting from SCSI drive /w IDE raid

Tim Middleton x at Vex.Net
Sun Nov 9 08:54:18 PST 2003

Not entirely sure what happened here, but I'm suspecting the partition/slice
on da0 was marked active and that was complicating things.

After wiping out completely all partitions on da0 (the RAID drive), da1 (the
SCSI drive) was able to boot.

I have since carefully created a new (non-active) partition/slice on da0, and
am still able to boot from da1, with no active partitions/slices on da0.

Again, i'm not sure any of the above makes sense... but its working for me
now, so at least i'm relatively happy despite my ignorance. newfs is churning
away on several hundred gigabytes...

--
Tim Middleton | Cain Gang Ltd | One afternoon, disgusted, bravo, you fall
x at veX.net     | www.Vex.Net   | asleep. --T.Lilburn (MS)