mux.pid

Martin Kaeske Martin.Kaeske at Stud.TU-Ilmenau.DE
Fri May 30 05:18:24 PDT 2003

On Fri, May 30, 2003 at 11:46:54AM +0200, Kovács Péter wrote:
> Hello,

Hello

> I have a system running FreeBSD 4.8.
> After running the make world the following error come up in
> the /var/log/messages file:
>
> saslauthd[296]: FATAL: setting master lock on
> /var/state/saslauthd/mux.pid: Resource temporarily unavailable

This error message is created if you try to start saslauthd more
than once. The corresponding source code can be found in
saslauthd-unix.c.
Do you by any chance try to start it twice?

Martin

--
The instructions said to use Windows 98 or better, so I installed FreeBSD.

		-- Jim Levie in comp.unix.bsd.freebsd.misc --