Sound Driver Via

Tom Alsberg alsbergt at zoopee.org
Thu Jul 31 07:02:15 PDT 2003

On Mon, Jul 28, 2003 at 02:03:45PM -0400, Wolfgang Ihloff wrote:
> > On Sun, Jul 27, 2003 at 03:58:51PM -0400, Wolfgang Ihloff wrote:
> > > Alsa or oss is obsolete.
> >
> > Let me disagree with you about oss. It's far not obsolete.
> > Just take a look at their homepage http://www.opensound.com/
>
> OK, lets put it like this - it is obsolete since freeBSD already supports
> this specific card.

By the way, what about the VIA VT86C686 based on-board sound?  The
FreeBSD snd_via82c686 driver seems to be broken for a long time
already.  At work we actually had to buy a license for OSS for some
bunch of (7) machines with this adapter on-board which we needed to
have sound on.

> Wolfgang

  -- Tom

--
  Tom Alsberg - certified insane, complete illiterate.
        e-mail: <alsbergt at softhome.net>