Sound Driver Via

Christoph Moench-Tegeder cmt at rz.uni-karlsruhe.de
Thu Jul 31 07:29:25 PDT 2003

## Tom Alsberg (alsbergt at zoopee.org):

> By the way, what about the VIA VT86C686 based on-board sound?  The
> FreeBSD snd_via82c686 driver seems to be broken for a long time
> already.

I think I used snd_via82c686 til last week. Then my (more or less
beloved) mainboard went havoc (bad capacitors, sigh). I did not
have any problems using 4-STABLE (about four weeks old sources,
I guess).

Now I have a KT400-based mainboard with AD1980 audio codec (AC97)
and sound is gone. I don't really miss it, it has never been that
quiet in here.

Regards,
Christoph

--
Antivirus-software is protection for people against yesterdays threats.
Antivirus-software is protection for moronic users against themselves.
  -- kh at telecomplus.dk