LH3 SMP hangs for no apparent reason

Rick Updegrove freebsdstable at updegrove.net
Tue Jul 22 10:13:16 PDT 2003

Sean wrote:

 >Go into the BIOS, change IRQ routing from "Smart" to "Static" (or whatever
 >the opposite of Smart is); I had problems with LH3s losing the interrupts
 >for the onboard LSI RAID card, and locking up in the driver until I did
 >that. The Intel cards we added also lost interrupts occasionally, though
 >they were more graceful about it.

I went into the BIOS and selected:
Configuration
-> PCI Slot Devices
-> PCI IRQ Locking
-> Routing Algorithm [Smart]

Ok I changed Routing Algorithm [Smart] to [Fixed] and got a scary
warning about data loss etc. but I hit Yes and saved as prompted and
rebooted.

 >We've now got several LH3s, an LH4 and an LH6000 all running under
 >load.

Ok hopefully I will have this LH3 "fixed" as well : )

Thanks for the help.

P.S.  I have been looking at mailing list archives where the following
was mentioned...  Is this going to be a problem?  Could this be causing
my current problem?

< snip from dmesg @ http://12.246.251.12/dmesg.txt >
APIC_IO: Testing 8254 interrupt delivery
APIC_IO: Broken MP table detected: 8254 is not connected to IOAPIC #0
intpin 2
APIC_IO: routing 8254 via 8259 and IOAPIC #0 intpin 0