GL problems with

Eric Anholt eta at lclark.edu
Mon Aug 25 10:17:23 PDT 2003

On Mon, 2003-08-25 at 13:11, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> On Mon, 25 Aug 2003 11:02:47 +0200
> Igor Pokrovsky <igor.pokrovsky at cnrm.meteo.fr> wrote:
>
> > On Sun, Aug 24, 2003 at 04:32:18AM -0500, Vulpes Velox wrote:
> > > I am running 4stable with a Radeon R100 QD [Radeon 7200] and XFree86 v.
> > > 4.3.0 and I when ever I try to run anything that uses GL I end up with X
> > > freezing and the keyboard becoming unresponsive. The only way I can solve
> > > this is by sshing, suing to root, and either rebooting or killing and
> > > restarting X.
> > >
> > > I have X compiled with -O or -O2... forget which.
> >
> > You have not gave us any clues... Post your configs, and you probably
> > shouldn't change optimization compilation flags from defaults.
>

> Here is the X config. As far as more info goes, it does it with any program that
> uses GL. I've not noticed any thing similar between them all other than that.

[...]
>         Option     "AGPMode"            	"4" # <i>
>         Option     "AGPFastWrite"       	"True"# [<bool>]

The first thing you need to do is remove these lines.  Once the DRI is
working fine, feel free to experiment with them, but they're not set
this way by default for a reason, which is instability.  Also, use
default CFLAGS until things are all working and you feel you can
experiment.

Eric Anholt                                eta at lclark.edu
http://people.freebsd.org/~anholt/         anholt at FreeBSD.org