Sun Fire 280R questions.

Mark Linimon linimon at lonesome.com
Sun May 24 15:19:25 UTC 2009

On Fri, May 15, 2009 at 10:42:42AM +0100, Craig Butler wrote:
> Is there anyway we can link in with Fenners work to list the broken
> ports ?

Well, his list is "doesn't fetch", but it's broken.  That's on my list
of things to fix, and adding the information to portsmon is also.

> How are we looking build cluster wise, are we able to do complete port
> tree builds ?

Since a couple of weeks before BSDCan I had been ignoring the sparc64
builds while I got ready, but I started a new, complete, 7 build a few
days ago, and it is nearly complete.

I have some replacement disks that I need to ship to ISC to bring
some of the Netras back online.  The lerwick machines I have not
been able to configure correctly.  We will be losing some of the
York machines in the near future.

When I get back from vacation I intend to do some cluster maintenance.

> In previous emails its been said that port developers don't have access
> to sparc64 kit, I may be able to help out by providing a jailed
> environment hanging off the end of an adsl line... do you think that
> would be any use ?

I think it would be in great demand.

mcl